Sunday 27 May 2012

Flight Simulator - BBC Fighter Pilot


Just a quick shot of me turning onto final with the JP5 …. Freeware by the way and a excellent model. As you can see by the PAPI the lights are all white indicating that I am high. This is being done fighter pilot style with a with a gentle turn and decent all the way from the end of the downwind leg of the circuit.. The airfield is Linton On Ouse also freeware and I am landing on runway 04 with alight crosswind from the North East. I have found that by flying this circuit and flying it accurately improves piloting skills no end. I will give a detailed description of what I am doing here in a later post. I highly recommend this little exercise to all training pilots. I still have a massive amount of improvement to do myself, but to think that these guys who were training in the RAF were doing this solo after only seven hours is just a frightening learning curve. And  another thing ! They had no flight simulators for this aircraft at this time so if you’re not a fast learner you are out or “chopped” as the RAF say.

I on the other hand have the luxury of flying this over and over again at no cost…… and I still can’t get it right.

Once I learn how to YouTube video my sorties, I will make a few short videos so you can see exactly what I am doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment